Friday, February 8, 2013

Ken Rader Presents " How To Articles"

Click on the Banner and Visit our Web Page. Love to hear from you.
By Ken Rader
Professional painter and handyman with Ken Rader Interiors
During the Winter months our work load changes dramatically.  We are not able to do much painting outside and with the holidays and taxes most people put painting projects on hold to a later time.
So we find that we take on projects that are more of a support to the painting industry.  Case in point, " can you fix this or that", " How do you do this or that".
We have blogged several posts about how to decorate and paint a variety of schemes, rooms and items.  We have also shared information about  repairs and fixing things.  We hope that they have been informative and helpful.
I recently painted the house of my brother and with it came several repairs and fix-ups.  He suggested that I put together a series of  articles about " How to Fix or do ".  Sounded like a good idea to me.
Let me describe what these posts will be like.
In the 1960's I bought a VW bug and since I did not have a lot of money I was going to have to do any repairs myself.  Perhaps you have been in the same position.  So I had to purchase a " How to fix it book".  My choice was the fore runner for the Do it yourself books of today.  It was " How to repair your Volkswagen, A guide for the complete Idiot"/  It was simply called the " Idiot Book".  It was spiral bound and the only pictures were a few hand drawn illustrations.  It was the perfect book for me.  The author was very skilled at describing what you needed to do and what you would see.  He did this for the most part without pictures.
I used this book to do all of the repairs on my VW and I even used it to rebuild the engine.  Which was quite an undertaking.  I enlisted the help of my favorite Uncle who was a wonderful mechanic.  However, he worked only on American cars, Hot Rods to be exact.  All of his tools were American not Metric and his knowledge though vast was only about American cars.  So the book became our Bible.
Therefore, I will attempt to show you how to make repairs and fix things in the painting  and decorating world.  You know, How to repair Sheetrock or how to texture it.  How to remove the tank on the toilet so that you can remove the wallpaper behind it. How to replace a Tile or how which anchor should be used to hang a mirror or picture.
The difference will be that I will use pictures  of the actual project or repair.  And in the future we will use Video.
To make these " Do it Yourself" articles or posts useful for as many as possible we will ask for your suggestions.  That's right, you can leave us a comment or request about something you would like some help and advise with.  Of course it will need to be in the realm of painting, handyman and decorating, NO CAR REPAIRS.
We will post an article about every request and we will be as detailed as we possibly can.  If we post a "How To" that leaves out some information that you needed, be sure and let us know.  We will always endeavor to give all the instruction and details needed for a successful project.
Does that sound fair?  I think it will be fun.  My wife will be doing the picture taking and I think  that with her perspective and attention to detail coupled with my know how, they will be just what you need.
To get the ball rolling the first "How To" will be "How to take the Tank off of the Toilet".  This is usually left undone when painting or wallpapering in the bathroom.  Usually because we do not know how to do it.
Go ahead and start submitting your requests and we will get started.  Some weeks we may post several articles and some weeks maybe only one or two.    I look forward to hearing from you.
Here we go
Ken Rader
Ken Rader Interiors
KEN RADER INTERIORS L.L.C. IS PROUD TO OFFER THIS INFORMATION.  WE OFFER ARTICLES ABOUT PAINTING AND DECORATING FOR YOUR EDUCATION AND ENJOYMENT.
                     
WE ARE PROFESSIONAL PAINTERS AND DECORATORS IN FAYETTEVILLE ARKANSAS.
WE OFFER PAINTING AND DECORATING SERVICES THROUGHOUT NORTHWEST ARKANSAS.

FOR ALL OF YOUR PAINTING NEEDS CALL US AT (479) 443-3686
EMAIL US AT kennethrader@att.net and be sure and visit our web page at http://www.kenraderinteriors.com
  AS ALWAYS “HAPPY PAINTING AND DECORATING!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments always welcome